Using the Smartphone App
Get access to multiple currencies on the Caxton currency card and control it 24/7 with our smartphone app.
Download the app today by visiting your app store below.
The Caxton Currency Card App enables you to:
- Order and load your Caxton Currency Card in seconds, without credit checks, and start saving money when abroad.
- Pre-load and lock in great rates across 14 different currencies before you go away and further protect your remaining balance by taking our buy-back guarantee.
- Use the app to switch and manage up to 15 currencies (inc. GBP) on your Caxton Currency Card in seconds.
- Top up your Currency Card and check, at a glance, your individual currency holdings and an equivalent total in a currency of your choice across both primary and secondary cards.
- View your transaction history and manage your spending.
- For extra security, if you lose your card you can block it via the app.
- The Caxton Currency Card is powered by Mastercard and is accepted worldwide, with the additional protection of chip and PIN.
- Use your Caxton Card to make purchases and ATM cash withdrawals without any overseas fees from Caxton (some ATM owners may apply their own charges).
- If your destination currency is not available, load Sterling and the card will convert to local currency automatically.
Currency Card + App
Download our app here or search for 'Caxton' in the app store. Then, log in for instant access to your balance. your PIN, to top-up and more.
A better way to budget
Always know what you're spending. Check your currency card balance on the go and track your spending via your transaction history. You can simply log in to view your balance.
Instant access to you account
Top-up your currency cards on the go – home or abroad – in minutes. Just enter the amount you wantand you'll see the exchange rate. Once you've loaded, the new balance will show on your account.
Safe to use in the UK and abroad
Your app is password and PIN protected. So if you happen to lose your phone, no one will be able to see how much you have on your currency card or what you’ve spent your holiday money on.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve provided brief answers to many of the questions people ask about the Caxton app.
Where can I get the Caxton app?
What is the Caxton app?
The Caxton Mobile App compliments our currency card perfectly.
The currency card gives you access to our 15 major currencies and our app allows you to control and access your money and our range of tools.
What features does it have?
The Caxton Mobile App offers the following features:
Access on the go
- Access to real time exchange rates
- Load card using your debit card
- Transfer funds to and from the card instantly
- Instant PIN access and reminder
- Direct access to customer support
Control of currency
- Lock in the rate on any of 15 major currencies
- View real-time and historic transactions
- Switch currencies, see balances in any currency
- Block and report a card lost or stolen instantly
- Activate a Caxton currency card
Can I use the Caxton app offline? Do I need data roaming switched on?
You can still use the app offline. Caxton advises that you keep data roaming switched off and use Wi-Fi when it is available.
The app will display the rates it last accessed and update when there is a data connection. When loading your card you will receive the current Caxton exchange rates as display on the Caxton website.
Please note that you will only be able to log in when offline if you have selected the option to stay logged in and have set a PIN.
How much does it cost?
The Caxton Mobile App is free.
I’ve downloaded the app and I have a Caxton card. What do I need to know?
Make sure you’re familiar with all the features of the app – we want you take full advantage of its benefits (see FAQ above). You should also know that:
- You can only top up your currency card twice a day and the same restrictions apply via the Caxton app
- We do not charge you for using the app or topping up your card. We do however recommend that you that you keep data roaming switched off and use Wi-Fi when it is available to avoid your mobile provider charging you for data roaming.
- You will only be able to log in when offline if you have selected the option to stay logged in and have set a PIN.
- When choosing the PIN for your phone, we recommend that you choose one that is different to your currency card PIN.
Which devices will the Caxton Mobile App work on?
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPad and Android.
I’ve just received my Caxton card. Can I top up immediately via the app?
No. You must complete one transaction on a registered debit card via the website before loading your card via the app.
Are there any minimum or maximum load limits via the app?
The minimum load on your Caxton card will depend on the currency of your card. Please refer to our limits table for full details. Your card cannot be loaded more than twice in any one day. We reserve the right to refuse to accept any particular loading transaction.
I can’t see all of my cards in the app. Why?
Only active cards will be displayed in the app. Closed, lost, stolen or expired cards will not appear. If you have any questions about this or the app please get in touch at email@example.com
I’ve forgotten my Caxton account password. How do I access the app?
Simply click the ‘Forgotten Password?’ link and follow the steps to reset your password.
I’ve forgotten my Caxton Mobile App PIN. How do I access the app?
Simply click the ‘Forgotten PIN?’ link and follow the steps to reset your PIN.
How secure is the app? Are my funds safe?
Our app is password protected and hosted on a secure server. So if you happen to lose your phone, no one will be able to see how much you have on your currency card or what you’ve spent your holiday money on. No account information is stored on the handset itself.
My phone has been lost/stolen - what should I do?
Contact your mobile phone provider and have your phone blocked immediately. No account information is stored on the phone but we would recommend that you change your password anyway.
If I have more than one account does the app still work?
The app will work for customers with more than one account. Simply log in using the relevant log in credentials.
I’d like to write a review for the app – how do I do this?
If you’ve enjoyed our app, please leave us a positive review on either Apple App Store or Google Play Store. If you are not fully satisfied for any reason, before you leave negative feedback about our App or content, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to solve any issues you may have. (When you leave a negative issue as an App store review we cannot reply back to you as we won’t know your email address.)
I have a Caxton FX Business Traveller card. Can I use the new Caxton travel app?
Unfortunately not. The Caxton travel app is currently only available for personal cardholders. We will be developing an app for Business cardholders in the near future and we will keep you updated.
Apply for your card today and have it within 3 - 5 days
- Multiple currencies, one card
- Use worldwide
- Great rates
- 0% commission
- No overseas ATM fees
- Delivered in 3 - 5 days